Here are some links that will take you to Parks in Raleigh, and the surrounding towns. Included is some information about Wake County and other items of interest in our beautiful North Carolina area!
- Town of Apex – Town website page with links to facilities and Greenway maps, parks and schools. The following are but a few that are available on this website.
- Crowder District Park – Sunset Daily, Year-Round. Free Admission. A 33-acre Wake County park with playgrounds, paved walking trails, picnic facilities, open play fields, volleyball, a 2.7-acre pond and various nature programs. 4709 Ten Ten Road, Apex, NC 919-662-2850. 8am.
- Jordan Lake State Park – Free Admission. Located in Wake and Chatham counties, Jordan Lake’s 13,900 acres of water offer opportunities for boating, camping, fishing, swimming, and more. The bald eagle makes its summer here. Nine recreation areas are located in various locations around the lake. 280 State Park Road, Apex, NC 919-362-0586. Nov-Feb, 8am-6pm; Mar-Oct, 8am-7pm; Apr, May, and Sept, 8am-8pm; Jun-Aug, 8am-9pm.
- Apex Community Park – 2200 Laura Duncan Rd – between Laura Duncan Rd & Lake Pine Dr. The 160-acre park includes picnic shelters, playground, fishing lake, concession, restroom facilities, nature and fitness trails, and various athletic fields.
- Kelly Road Park – 1609 Kelly Road located on Kelly Road and behind Olive Chapel Elementary School. This 25 acre park features the unique KidsTowne Playground and gives the children of the area a great place to play. Additionally athletics fields and a picnic shelter are available.
- Apex Jaycee Park – 451 NC Hwy 55 / West Williams Street. A 23-acre park features a picnic shelter, a batting cage, and softball and soccer fields.
- Town of Cary – Town of Cary Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources. Includes links to Parks, Facilities, Greenways, and special facilities.
- Town of Fuquay-Varina – Town of Fuquay-Varina, Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources. Park Information, various program information, facility rental information, and Park location map.
- Town of Garner – Official Town of Garner website with links to Town Parks and Shelters, rental facilities and athletic fields.
- Town of Holly Spring – The Holly Springs Parks & Recreation Department. Athletic programs, Parks and Facilities, Programs and newsletter.
- Duke Forest – Call for information. Free admission. A 7,900 acre forest ecosystem, with many trails and roads open for hiking, biking, and horseback riding. Designated picnic areas and a self-guided nature trail are also available. Duke University West Campus, Durham, NC 919-613-8013.
- Eno River State Park – Free admission. Fishing, canoeing, rafting, boating, hiking, and primitive camping along the banks of the Eno River are available. 6101 Cole Mill Road, Durham, NC 919-383-1686. Nov-Feb, 8am-6pm; Mar and Oct, 8am-7pm; Apr, May, and Sept, 8am-8pm; Jun-Aug 8am-9pm.
- West Point on the Eno City Park – A city park featuring historic sites, including a grist mill, a recreated blacksmith shop, the McCown-Mangum House, and the Hugh Mangum Museum of Photography. Hiking, rafting, and canoeing are also available. 5101 N. Roxboro Road, Durham, NC 919-471-1623.
- All Children’s Playground (Laurel Hills Park) – Open Daily Sunrise to Sunset. Free admission. Located in northwest Raleigh, this playground was designed for the use of children with all physical abilities. An elaborate wooden play structure of tunnels and towers, bridges and swings is surrounded by athletic fields, picnic area, and a recreation center. 3808 Edwards Mill Road, Raleigh, NC 919-420-2383.
- Blue Jay Point County Park – On the shores of Falls lake in North Wake County, the park aims to educate with exhibits, demonstration areas and educational programs. Picnicking, hiking, playfields and playgrounds are also available. 3200 Pleasant Union Church Road , Raleigh, NC 919-870-4330.
- Durant Nature Park – Open Daily Sunrise to Sunset. Fee for facility rentals. North Raleigh park featuring trails, including a walking tour of the bird and butterfly garden. A one mile trail circles Sawmill Lake. Picnic and other facilities available by reservation. 8305 Durant Road, Raleigh, NC 919-870-2871.
- Lake Johnson – Open Daily Sunrise to Sunset. Fee for boat rentals. 5600 Avent Ferry Road, Raleigh, NC 919-233-2121.
- Lake Wheeler Metropolitan Park – Open Daily Sunrise to Sunset. Free admission. An 800 acre park which features educational programs, covered picnic shelters, conference rooms, boat rentals and private launching. Lake Wheeler Road, Raleigh, NC 919-662-5704.
- Optimist Park – 5902 Whittier Drive, Raleigh, NC 919-870-2882.
- Pullen Park – Daily, Hours are Seasonal. Charge for Rides. A small amusement park with a train, boats, pool, playgrounds, picnic areas, and a 1911 Dentzel carousel. The park, located in downtown Raleigh, is surprisingly quiet. 520 Ashe Avenue, Raleigh, NC 919-831-6468.
- Shelley Lake – Daily Sunrise to Sunset. Free admission. 1400 West Millbrook Road, Raleigh, NC 919-420-2331.
- William B. Umstead State Park – Daily, Hours are Seasonal. Charge for Rides. A natural area covering more than 5,000 acres. Hiking trails, bridle and bike trails, campsites, rowboat and canoe rental, and picnic areas are among the amenities. 8801 Glenwood Avenue, Raleigh, NC 919-571-4170.
- Ailey M. Young Park – Open Daily. Call for facility reservations. Facilities include Softball/Baseball, Basketball, Playground, and picnic areas. Juniper Avenue, Wake Forest, NC 919-554-6180.
- Falls Lake State Recreation Area – Varies by month, call for information. 12,000 acres of lake and 26,000 acres of woodland offer a rest from the hustle of nearby Research Triangle Park. Fishing, picnicking, boating, swimming, camping, hiking, and more are available. 13304 Creedmoor Road, Wake Forest, NC 919-676-1027.
- Flaherty Park – Open Daily. Call for facility reservations. Facilities for softball and baseball. North White Street, Wake Forest, NC 919-554-6180.
- H.L. Miller Park – Open Daily. Call for facility reservations. Walking tracks and trails and picnic areas. Franklin Street, Wake Forest, NC 919-554-6180.
- Holding Park – Open Daily. Call for facility reservations. Community Center surrounded by facilities including a community pool, basketball, playground, and picnic areas. Owen Avenue, Wake Forest, NC 919-554-6180.
- Kiwanis Park – Open Daily. Call for facility reservations. Facilities include a playground, greenways, and a picnic area. Holding Avenue, Wake Forest, NC 919-554-6180.
- Olde Mill Stream Park – Open Daily. Call for facility reservations. Greenway park. Barnford Mill Road, Wake Forest, NC 919-554-6180.
- Plummer Park – Open Daily. Call for facility reservations. Playground and a picnic area on a half acre. Jones Wynd, Wake Forest, NC 919-554-6180.
- R. H. Forrest Park – Open Daily. Call for facility reservations. Softball and Baseball Complex. Wingate Street, Wake Forest, NC 919-554-6180.
- Taylor Street Park – Open Daily. Call for facility reservations. Community Center with basketball facilties and playground. N. Taylor Street, Wake Forest, NC 919-554-6180.
- Tyler Run Park – Open Daily. Call for facility reservations. Facilities for baseball, softball, and basketball. Walking trails and tracks, playground, picnic area, and greenways round out this 5-acre park. Pineview Drive, Wake Forest, NC 919-554-6180.